Free; available in Apple App store and Android/Google Play
3 out of 5
Synopsis of the App
Developed by a celiac disease patient, the Find Me Gluten Free app puts gluten-free friendly businesses into one searchable space. The app also allows users to share their gluten-free finds with their friends and the Gluten Free Me community.
- Easy navigation.
- Search using address or GPS location.
- Convenient Google maps integration.
- “Dining card” identifies potential gluten containing foods in ethnic cuisine – helpful for the restaurant and the consumer.
- Allows users to share, rate and review their gluten-free finds.
- App can be personalized to ignore businesses and chain restaurants that don’t meet your needs and mark others as favorites.
- Deals and discounts available from some participating restaurants.
- Supporting Find Me Gluten Free website available.
- Free app with the option to turn off banner ads.
- App allows “featured” restaurants top billing but these are not always the most relevant.
- Popular chains may or may not list which gluten-free menu items are available.
- App helps identify potential gluten-free businesses but often requires additional research on the individual restaurants’ website for complete details.
Though inconsistent, the Find Me Gluten Free app culls local gluten-free businesses giving the gluten-free community a good place to start in search of foods that fit.